Sunday 28 November 2010

Famous Grouse Fell Race

Traditionally one of the last fell races of the year and a special one at that. Part of a group of races held in and around Hayfield it is an easy one in that you dont really need any navigational skills. The first climb from the Grouse pub is tough but then you are away. Ive ran up there dozens of times so I know exactly what pace to go at and also I had another new cap on so all would be okay.
When you get to the top of the climb you hang a left and run up to Big Stone then drop off and head to Peep O day before running along the valley and climbing back up to the track from hence you came. Flat out back down the track and you can then have some chips in the pub.
I had a good run after feeling ill all week. 3rd place and a prize so a good finish to the year.
Loads of Pennine runners out for this one and well done to Andy Howie and the many helpers who made it all happen.
Incidentally I recorded the temprature on my van computer at minus 16 on the way to Hayfield.
Now thats cold.


2 comments:

  1. Brilliant result, Daz. You are flying.
    This was only my fourth short, fast, furious fell race but I loved it. I've just posted my report tonight.
    There's a good crop of pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Darren, great result.

    ReplyDelete