Thursday 14 July 2011

2 races in one day

Last weekend I did the Peak Forest Fell Race. I had done this a few years before but couldnt quite remember the route. I should have studied the map prior to the start a bit more as it said at the far point that a marshall was to be visited before the turn home.
So not quite sure then why I turned back early instead of finding the marshall. Three of us were at the front of the race and the two other lads went in front. I got to a piece of tap on a wall stile and decided to go left. I shouted the leaders and they probably thought, Darren your going wrong. To cut a long story short I crossed the line in first place and told the organiser to disqualify me. Also my trusty Seiko watch fell off on the track on the way back. A well organised race mind and next time I will know the route.


After the Peak Forest race I nipped over to do the Broomfield Chase race. Just over 3 1/2 miles and about 800ft of climb. My legs ached really bad from the Peak Forest race and the fast downhill start was hard. I held back a little and managed to steadily overtake runners on the climb. I finished in 5th place and won a voucher. But two races in one day. Not again for a long time thankyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment