Friday 9 March 2012

Honest it really doesn't

Hurt one bit
Usually, actually nearly every race I finish I get a little scratch or two like those in the picture. Search enough and you will find far worse. My BG partner ripped his knee open after falling on his bike a while back. Ive seen broken legs, broken this and broken that. My good friend Steve Taylor ( Amex ) to those in the trade had an horrendous accident. It can be dangerous but the reward outweighs the knocks we fellrunners get.
A friend asked me last week truly if it does hurt.
I dont really think about it.
Everyone falls at some point. But in fellrunning if its a bad one we always stop and help.
Cuts, breaks, scratches, bruises.
Dont become a fellrunner if you dont want any of these over time.
Be safe and good running

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you were going fast Daz. The blood has been blown sideways in the slipstream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good effort! A race without some kind of minor innocuous injury that looks worse than it actually is, is like toast with no jam.
    (kind of).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnny Hoogerland would approve.

    ReplyDelete