Wednesday 29 September 2010

Harvington to Hallam Hill

Ive been away for a few days FISHING, yes fishing but more of that in a later post. Today was the last day and I had decided to ride home back to Ilkeston. The lakes were I went fishing are at Harvington which is basically at Evesham just south of Stratford on Avon, hence Harvington to Hallam Hill. Harvington to Ilkeston didnt sound as good.
Well the trip down in the van was 77miles and I reckon the way back was about 82miles as I had to do a slightly longer route. A picture was taken and I set off.
Now 82miles isn't that far really but in bad weather it isnt easy.
Just my luck and 15 minutes after setting off the heavens opened and the torrential rain didnt stop all the way back.
I only had bibshorts on and no overtrousers or overshoes and I got absolutely drenched. No mudguards, I hate them. I came back via, Stratford, Warwick, Kenilworth, Coventry, Nuneaton, Swadlincote, Swarkestone, and home. So a proper start of winter ride.
The route is fairly flat but undulating in places so was glad of the 20mph average, especially in that weather.
A ride like that always makes me think of the proffesional roadman. Could I do that day in day out. Certainly not but I would have liked the chance.
So its time to get the winter cycling gear out ( officially).


No comments:

Post a Comment