Friday 23 September 2011

Three Shires Fell Race

A trip up to the Lakes last week to do the Three Shires Race. Its a classic route taking in Wetherlam, Swirl How, Three Shires Stone, Pike O Blisco and then Lingmoor. It was very wet early on but 297 hardy fellrunners set off to do battle. I managed to keep fairly well up on the first climb which really set me well for the 2nd half of the race. I had a bit of a fall just after crossing Wrynose Pass when I fell on one of the flagstones early on the climb up to Blisco which put me off my stride a bit. I managed to run it off though and by Blea Tarn I was still feeling okay. Half Way up Lingmoor I realised I was having a strong run and would finish well. One thing that this year has taught me and the extra training that I have put in means I can finish races more stronger. This was always a problem I had before when I would struggle from about 3/4 of the way into a race. The descent off Lingmmor was rapid and I finished back at the pub in 6th place. A nice T shirt and some vouchers as a prize.

A brilliant Lakes race.

No comments:

Post a Comment