Tuesday 7 December 2010

End of the season

Nearly well not quite. The Bolton by Bowland Fell race will probably be the last short flat out race of the season. It was tough in the snow and not so short really at 8 miles. It went off very quickly but the main steep climb soon brought reality back into the race. I had a good battle with a couple of runners most of the way round and managed to finish in 9th place at the end. The fields went on forever and the snow made getting in my stride difficult.


No Pennine vest for this one which is a first as it was in my broken down van. My new hat did the trick though and because of the extreme cold I donned a pair of cycling arm warmers which Ive taken to wearing in this winter weather that we are getting. It was minus 9 on the way to the race. A lovely set up with loads of prizes and a nice village hall that laid on hot pot and mince pies.
It took about 7.5 miles before my fingers warmed up. Not sure on how many races that is this year but I would say about 40 in total

No comments:

Post a Comment