Monday 7 November 2011

Shepherds Skyline Fell Race

Another new race for me and I was surprised how many runners arrived at the Shepherds Rest Inn. Easily over 300 started the race which made it a busy start. I kept well up on the first climb but paid the price a little bit on the top towards Stoodley Pike Monument. I pulled back a couple of runners on the second climb b couldnt quite hold them offgoing down the final descent back to the pub. There was at least half a dozen Wharfedale Harrier lads around me which made for a good battle all the way round.
Not many Pennine runners at this one but Mrs Noel claimed 2nd lady. I was happy with 12th position.



A fairly straight forward route this one and ideal for someone just coming into fellracing. Plenty of friendly people and brilliant junior races.
Todmorden Harriers do a fine job.

No comments:

Post a Comment