Sunday 16 September 2012

Three Shires Fell Race

 

The Three Shires Fell race was a huge learning curve for me when I first tackled it. I have done the route a few times since mind and it has got easier. Basically there a three tough climbs whereby if you want to do well you have to give your all and go as hard as you can. The downhills will take care of them self.
I wanted to do well on this one and I was super motivated after getting back into my training after the Ben Nevis race which did not go all to plan. The start was steady enough and I was at the front of the second group climbing up to Wetherlam and as we topped out I found myself with Paul Cornforth of Borrowdale Fell Runners.
We just worked together all the way round and didn't see anyone else until Dave Wilby from Ilkley Harriers joined us at the last climb.
The run in back to the Three Shires pub was near enough and I was happy to finish behind those two who were stronger than me on the run in.
5th place which I was more than happy with.
Conditions on the route were perfect and the sun came out at the end. A pasty and a nice diet coke paid for by my team mate Hanno.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment